What better time for a trip to Blackpool than to see the legendary Blackpool lights switch on?
Blackpool Illuminations are on untill November 3rd this year (2019). All times listed here.
The 2019 Blackpool Illuminations will be switched on , at approx 8.45pm. The Tower Festival Headland is the venue for the switch on with concerts on Friday night and Saturday nights.
To ensure this year’s event is the most spectacular yet, there are a host of new and revamped light displays including Theatre D’Amour, Venus Reborn, Talbot Square and Brilliance, which are all designed to dazzle and delight visitors.
The Lights shine every year for 66 nights, and continue to attract huge crowds. 2019 will see The Lights lit until Sunday November 3rd so get your break booked now and prepare to be dazzled. A preview night of Blackpool illuminations is on Tuesday 27th August when the Promenade is closed to traffic for cycles to Ride The Lights and get a full preview of the coming 2019 Blackpool Illuminations displays.
Official switch on times for Blackpool Illuminations 2019
Blackpool lights switch on times vary over the nine weeks due to the nights drawing in and the clocks going back one hour at the end of October.
What times are Blackpool illuminations on? Here is a full list of the programmed switched on times for September, October and November 2019. (note times may vary from the schedule due to circumstances on the day).
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for September 2019
- Friday 30th August 8.45pm to 2.00am.
- Saturday 31st August 8.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 1st September 8.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 2nd to Thursday 5th September 8.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 6th and Saturday 7th September 7.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 8th September 8.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 9th to Thursday 12th September 8.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 13th and Saturday 14th September 7.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 15th September 7.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 16th to Thursday 19th September 7.45pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 20th and Saturday 21st September 7.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 22nd September 7.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 23rd to Thursday 26th September 7.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 27th and Saturday 28th September 7.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 29th September 7.15pm to 11.00pm.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for October 2019
- Monday 30 September to Thursday 3rd October 7.15pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 5th and Saturday 5th October 7.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 6th October 7.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 7th to Thursday 10th October 7.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 11th and Saturday 12th October 6.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 13th October 6.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 14th to Thursday 17th October 6.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Friday 18th and Saturday 19th October 6.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 20th October 6.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 21st to Thursday 24th October 6.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Friday 25th and Saturday 26th October 6.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 27th October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 28th to Thursday 31st October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for November 2019
- Friday 1st November and Saturday 2nd November 5.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 3rd November 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
Another question that always surfaces at this time of year is, who switched on the Illuminations in 1973? Or some other year, it was Gordon Banks by the way. Or what year did Status Quo do the switch on, that was 26 years ago in 1993. You can find the answer to these and any other questions on our new Who switched on Blackpool Illuminations page.
You may also be interested in other Blackpool festivals and events.